Mommy Makeover Columbus, Ohio
Reclaim Your Confidence With The Mommy Makeover Surgery
Mothers make major temporal, financial and emotional sacrifices for their kids — and the physical changes are real. Areas most commonly affected include the belly, breasts, flanks, thighs and labia. At some point, many moms realize they’ll be even better parents if they feel better about themselves, and a combination of custom surgical procedures can make major improvements. Timing is very important, so whenever you feel comfortable doing something for yourself, you might consider restoring your pre-pregnancy physique through the Mommy Makeover.
Experts In Every Aspect Of The Mommy Makeover
Dr. Jeffrey Donaldson and Dr. Michelle Sieffert are both parents who understand family dynamics, as well as the physical changes that occur because of pregnancy. They are accomplished, board-certified plastic surgeons with years of experience helping thousands of mothers regain their preferred contours and proportions. Often combining tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lifting, liposuction and labiaplasty, our patients consistently rave about their personalized care and beautiful long-term results.
Our surgeons will minimize discomfort, keep scars as small as possible and shorten your downtime as they help you take back your body, and take back your confidence!
Mommy Makeover Benefits: Feel Like Your True Self Once Again
The Mommy Makeover can help you become more comfortable in your own body and confident in your daily life with just one surgery date and one recovery. This operation combines multiple procedures, including for example breast augmentation, tummy tuck, liposuction and labiaplasty to accomplish many goals simultaneously.
By lifting or adding volume to the breasts, removing the common belly “pooch,” and tightening or sculpting the lower body, patients emerge with increased confidence and a renewed physique.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve noticed any of the following effects of childbirth, you may be a good candidate for a combination of procedures:
- Breast asymmetry, sagging, volume loss or flattening, cleavage absence.
- Enlarged or puffy nipples, drooping nipples, stretched areolae.
- Need to pad your bras and “arrange” your breasts in dresses or bathing suits.
- Loose belly skin, visible stretch marks, “frowny-face” or “outy” belly button.
- Thick waistline, paunch or roundness.
- Visible, hanging or protruding labia minora with pinching or folding.
- Stubborn fatty areas such as “love handles,” “saddlebags” or “banana rolls.”
- Unsatisfactory c-section surgical scar with step-off or high visibility.
Prerequisites Include Good General Health, Realistic Expectations & Focused Goals
Patients must clearly demonstrate their motivation and desire to actively participate in decision-making. Patients must also be willing to share responsibility for aftercare and follow instructions for optimizing their own results.
“Mommy Makeover” is simply a term used when a patient is having more than one procedure. This means that the price of a Mommy Makeover is not one set cost, and there is no single “Mommy Makeover package”. The cost of a Mommy Makeover varies largely based on your goals, the areas of treatment, the necessary OR time and anesthesia costs, the cost of implants (if desired), and a number of other factors.
Because a Mommy Makeover doesn’t look the same for everyone, we will customize your quote at your consultation based on your goals and desires. During this consultation, your surgical coordinator will provide you with a price based on what combination(s) you are interested in. It is difficult to estimate the price of a Mommy Makeover before a conversation with our surgical team!
The Cost Of A Mommy Makeover In Columbus, Ohio
On average, Mommy Makeover patients choose to at least combine an abdominal procedure like a tummy tuck or liposuction with breast augmentation surgery. Many tend to add more treatments at the same time because of the benefits of already being under anesthesia and a single recovery period!
For most patients, a Mommy Makeover may range between $18,000 to $26,000.
Surgery is a personal decision and one that often comes when you decide to put yourself first. We would love to answer any further questions you may have about pricing for a Mommy Makeover. If you’re eligible for financing, we have many different options to help you receive your Mommy Makeover then pay as you go along. Research our financing options and schedule your consultation to find out which plan works best for you!
You can also learn more about what goes into determining Mommy Makeover cost here.
Your consultation is an opportunity to express your goals and concerns, learn about potential procedures and ask any pertinent questions. Dr. Donaldson or Dr. Sieffert will then help you design a customized surgical approach based on your specifications. You will discuss each procedure in detail and review your medical history to maximize safety.
We May Explore The Following Relevant Health Topics:
- Past medical and surgical history, current medications and allergies.
- Social history including occupation and family support, alcohol and tobacco use.
- Cosmetic treatment history.
- Psychological and emotional status.
- Other important health and lifestyle considerations.
We always encourage patients to play an active role in the peri-operative process, asking questions along the way and raising any concerns. This information helps to set expectations and eliminate surprises while preparing our surgeons and their team to serve you.
Before your surgery, keep these questions in mind and don’t hesitate to bring them up in your consultation:
- Is the Mommy Makeover right for me?
- Are my expectations realistic?
- Can you provide before-and-after photos so I can see your previous work?
- Where will the scars be located? Will they be noticeable?
- What’s the best anesthesia plan for me?
- What costs are involved in this procedure? Does this include everything from surgery to recovery?
- What is my role in ensuring the best results?
- How long is my recovery period and when can I get back to normal life?
- What are the major risks or possible complications?
- What if I become pregnant after all of this?
On the day of your surgery, Dr. Donaldson or Dr. Sieffert will meet with you in the pre-operative holding area to answer last-minute questions, review the procedural plan and place anatomic markings on your surgical sites.
There Are Several Key Ways To Prepare For Your Surgery, Including:
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight with balanced nutrition.
- Exercise in moderation.
- Ensure adequate sleep patterns and rest.
- Limit alcohol consumption and avoid tobacco.
- Optimize medical conditions and medications with primary physicians.
- Establish a recovery environment and arrange for support.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications and supplements, such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Vitamin E and fish oil.
Yes, there are Mommy Makeover risks, although they are exceedingly rare. They include:
- Bleeding and infection (can occur with any operation)
- Changes in sensation
- Inability to breastfeed
- Capsular contracture
- Prominent scarring
- Poor wound healing
- Contour abnormalities
- Need for revision in the future
Risks and complications should be recognized and considered before any surgical intervention; however, these risks can be mitigated by our surgeons’ intra-operative skill and your pre- and post-operative compliance and common sense. Strict adherence to surgical guidelines and our postoperative team’s instructions will encourage success and improve your outcome.
More specific risks will be outlined during your personal consultation.
You can expect to leave the surgical center with bandages, compression garments and in some tummy tucks, a surgical drain. Almost all sutures are dissolvable and don’t need to be removed, and you may also have surgical-grade glue or steri-strips covering your incisions.
Arrange to have a support system in place for the beginning phase of recovery, including childcare, coverage at work, errands, bills, etc. so that you can focus on healing. Consider taking one to two weeks away from work and primary responsibilities, and four to six weeks away from strenuous exercise. Full recovery takes about six weeks. It is important to rest initially, and then gradually regain activity in order to ensure ideal results and promote proper healing.
In most cases, yes, you will have a surgical drain during the initial recovery phase.
Surgical drains are thin tubes that are inserted into the surgical site to remove excess fluids (such as blood and lymph) that accumulate during the initial stages of the healing process. While the use of drains is common in some surgeries, it’s not universally required for all Mommy Makeover procedures.
Our surgeons aim to minimize the use of drains, as they can be uncomfortable for patients. However, certain factors may increase the likelihood of using drains, such as the extent of tissue dissection, the combination of procedures and the surgeon’s judgment based on your specific case.
No — any patient can undergo a combination of procedures.
While the term “Mommy Makeover” might suggest that the procedures are exclusively for women who have had children, it is certainly not a rule. The term is commonly used to describe a combination of cosmetic procedures that are specifically designed to address changes in a woman’s body that may occur due to pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding. However, the procedures included in a Mommy Makeover can be beneficial for women who haven’t had children as well.
Breast augmentation and tummy tuck stand out as the two most popular procedures in a Mommy Makeover because they address the two most common concerns after pregnancy.
Pregnancy often leads to changes in breast volume, shape, and skin elasticity, making breast augmentation or a breast lift crucial components for restoring a youthful and lifted appearance. The tummy tuck addresses common post-pregnancy concerns such as stretched abdominal muscles, excess skin and stubborn fat deposits.
By combining these procedures, women can achieve comprehensive results that enhance both the breasts and the abdominal region, effectively reversing the physical toll of pregnancy and providing a more sculpted and rejuvenated silhouette. This powerful combination caters to the desire for a holistic approach to body contouring, making breast augmentation and tummy tuck the Mommy Makeover dynamic duo.
During pregnancy, hormonal changes cause the breasts to enlarge, and breastfeeding prolongs engorgement. Afterward, the breasts deflate, lose tone, drop lower on the chest and occasionally become asymmetrical. The upper pole of the breast flattens, which diminishes the cleavage line, and the lower pole of the breast may take a sagging or hanging appearance.
In some cases, the areola widens and ductal scarring can cause the nipples to invert. None of these changes will reverse naturally; however, all of them may be improved or corrected through surgery.
- Breast augmentation is the most popular method for restoring breast tone, size and shape. It rounds the upper breast pole and re-establishes the cleavage line. Breast implants can re-create the perkiness and “sexiness” of the breast that many moms feel they have lost. There is also an opportunity to add a cup size or two if desired.
- Breast lifting raises the nipple on the chest, decreases the areolar size if necessary, tightens the skin and corrects the sagging and hanging lower breast pole. This procedure entails more scarring, recovery, and expense than augmentation alone, but it also achieves the most dramatic effect.
- Inverted nipples can be released and corrected during breast surgery without further downtime or scar. Modifications can be made to any of these procedures to account for underlying asymmetry.
- Nipple reduction can be performed to downsize protruding, drooping or puffy nipples. Our surgeons utilize a minimally-invasive technique that preserves sensation, coloration, ductal function and circularity while decreasing the width and projection.
Developing babies cause three major disruptions to the mother’s abdominal wall.
- The rectus abdominus (or six-pack muscles) spread apart and may not completely realign. This “diastasis,” or separation, causes a groove when lying flat and a subtle fullness when standing that imitates early pregnancy.
- Extra “baby fat” accumulates around the stomach and may not completely disappear. It usually occurs between the belly button and the pubic area, but it may appear as bulging higher on the abdomen or beneath the ribs.
- The skin stretches out. This may include stretch marks, loose hanging areas, a distorted belly button and/or a “loose” quality. An obvious C-section scar compounds these complaints for many mothers.
A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) reverses these three changes by repairing the abdominal muscles, removing the fat, and tightening the skin. Any stretch marks beneath the belly button and scars from c-section may be improved or eliminated as well. There are several variations of this procedure. A “full” abdominoplasty includes extensive muscle repair and repositioning of the belly button; a “mini” removes the fatty bulge with less muscle manipulation and no changes to the belly button.
Our surgeons will make adjustments as necessary to customize the surgical technique for each patient.
Flanks, Hips, Thighs & Genital Area
It usually takes six months to a year after delivery for a mother to lose the baby weight and determine the new baseline physique. This may include rounder curves, fuller features or isolated deposits of fat. New discoveries for young mothers might include “love handles,” “saddlebags,” “muffin tops” and “banana rolls” among others. Liposuction can flatten, sculpt and contour these spots and affected areas. Variations include traditional liposuction, Vaser (ultrasonic assisted) and other techniques.
The labia minora can also stretch and protrude after delivery, ultimately causing discomfort or embarrassment during intimacy. Labiaplasty restores sensitivity and a tighter, more youthful contour.
Make Time For Yourself
In many families, the kids tend to come first… perhaps now it is time for you! It is difficult to keep giving to others when you don’t like the way you look and feel, and a mommy makeover can make dramatic improvements to the areas most commonly affected by having children. Functional medicine can also help address your metabolism, hormone levels, stress markers, physical activity and mental health.
Schedule Your Consultation & Reclaim Your Confidence
You’ve done so much for your family, and it’s okay to do something for you! If you’re interested in improving your overall appearance and confidence, we invite you to schedule a consultation to determine your options for a Mommy Makeover in Columbus, Ohio!
Our team of experts will kindly and skillfully guide you through each step — from the initial evaluation to your final results.
More About The Mommy Makeover
Is a Mommy Makeover Worth It?
A mommy makeover can help women return to their pre-pregnancy body. The combination of procedures can reduce costs and minimize downtime.
My Mommy Makeover Experience
Are you interested in Mommy Makeover surgery? We invite you to get a closer look at the entire experience — from research, to consultation, to results — from the point of view of a patient!